Friday, October 21, 2016

DCWV and Chameleon Blog Hop!

Greetings and thanks so much for stopping on over the the blog today!

DCWV and Chameleon have partnered up their products to bring you some fabulous inspiration! Have you seen the Chameleon Pens yet?  They are so much fun to use, I had a great time creating with them.


This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Scrappity Dappity Doo!. 
I do receive financial compensation and products from DCWV to develop certain blog posts, 
but all of the ideas and opinions noted are my own.

For the feature focal point of my card, I selected one of the Gilded Geo tags from the Paint and Create stack. You can also add some of the watercolor paint, but for this project I stuck with my Chameleon Pens.


I accented the colored design with a bit of stamping and ink splatters.


To add the sentiment, I cut it and adhered with foam adhesive.


To begin, I found the pretty butterfly tag here on my stack. Selected some of my favorite Chameleon Colors and started adding color.


A bit of strategic color placement helps the overall design achieve balance.

Directions:
- Trim Tag from Paint and Create Stack, color butterfly as desired.
- Create mask for butterfly using scrap piece of vellum, trace shape and cut.
- Stamp and splatter over the masked butterfly, set aside to dry.
- Trim layer of gold foil and white striped paper to 6.5 x 4.5
- Adhere to A7 Kraft Embossed Card Base using tape runner.
- Punch tab from corrugated paper (I used a coffee sleeve). 
- Punch hole and tie string to tab.
- Select sentiment of your choice from paper. Trim as banner shape.
- Using strip next to sentiment, cut 2 banner strips. Attach under tab.
- Punch butterfly tag with hole punch and add trim as desired. 
- Attach cheesecloth to back of tag if desired.
- Cut 5.25 x 3.25 piece of scallop paper. Punch upper two corners if desired.
- Adhere corrugate tag behind scallop paper.
- Cut 2.5 x 1.5 piece of pink paper. Attach under scallop paper, then attach tag to card.
- Add rub-ons or stamp as desired for additional mixed media look.
- Trim the "fabulous" word out leaving slight border. Adhere with foam adhesive.

DCWV Products:
Paint and Create Stack - Gilded Geo
12x12 Watercolor Stack
A7 Embossed Kraft Cards with Envelopes

Chameleon Products:
22 Pen Deluxe Set

Thanks so much for stopping on over today, be sure to visit the Chameleon Blog and the DCWV Blog for some more fabulous inspiration!

Have a super scrappity day!

4 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

I absolutely ADORE this stunning butterfly card!! The look of stained glass is simply spectacular and lovely! TFS!

Migdalia said...

I absolutely love the pretty tag and touch of gold! Fabulous card!!
Beautifully done!

Cynthia Cole said...

Gorgeous card! Looks like stained glass, love it!

Beth F. said...

What a bright and beautiful butterfly! An all around great card.