Friday, November 4, 2016

Holiday Card Inspiration with SEI

Friday greetings and welcome to the blog today. I was recently up on the SEI Blog with my final projects for my Design Team term. It has been an honor and sincere pleasure to design for them. I have loved their products from the very start of my paper crafting journey.

I have a bit of holiday inspiration that pushed me out of my comfort zone just a bit. I've created three quick and fun cards using the Merry Mistletoe collection. Yes, you read that correctly, I said quick! 



For the first A2 sized card, I've featured a bit of the packaging from my Die Cut Pack and also some of the Alpine Velvet Papers.The sweet little die cut bird is delivering the sentiment tag. The design here is very simple, but the cute stickers and embellishments make it easy to create something fun in a flash!


To create my second card, I went with a bit of a smaller scale card, it's approximately 4" square. 

I loved the sweet reindeer sticker, so I selected him and then layered the pine bough swag behind the reindeer antlers to give him a festive look. A bit of fabric trim from my stash creates a focal point for the sentiment sticker which is adhered with foam squares.


It doesn't get much simpler than this, yet cute! A gem on his nose would be fun too.


The third card is again a smaller scale 4" square design. I used a die cut circle, punched a snowflake and layered between it and the "Love" sticker sentiment. I added the "Happy Holidays" on the bottom to anchor the design and added a bit of banner light bulb sticker underneath.


A bit of dimension in the layers keeps it interesting.
SEI Products:
Merry Mistletoe Collection

I hope I've inspired you to take out your SEI holiday papers and put together a few cards! It's always nice to do a few here and there to be sure you have plenty on hand for the holidays.

One final thank you again to SEI for having me on their Design Team this year, what a wonderful group of folks to work with!

Thanks so much for stopping on over today for a visit. Have a super scrappity day!

No comments: